Terms & Conditions
1. Solved Services Pty Ltd trading as Solved Plumbing (“Solved Plumbing”) is a provider of plumbing services. Our licence number is 320822C.
3. A reference to “you” and “Client” or “Clients” means a person or other entity engaging or that has engaged the Services of Solved Plumbing. Prospective Clients should consider these Terms before they accept them and engage our Services.
4. Solved Plumbing reserves the right to make any changes to these Terms and any part of these Terms without notice. Any amendments will not apply to Services, at the time of any amendments, in the process of being supplied to a particular Client (who will be bound by the most recent previous version of the Terms).
1. These Terms govern any Services supplied by or on behalf of Solved Plumbing, and any goods supplied in connection with such Services.
2. “Services” means plumbing services and any other related services supplied by Solved Plumbing in the ordinary course of business.
3. All Services orders may be subject to a $125 + GST minimum charge.
4. The Client must provide sufficient information to enable Solved Plumbing to provide an accurate quotation with respect to Services to be supplied. Solved Plumbing reserves the right to amend any quotation should the Client’s information be incomplete or inaccurate or if the original requirements change. The Client will be provided with an opportunity to accept any amendment to the quotation prior to Solved Plumbing proceeding with the Services. Subject to the Terms, differences in excess of 10% of the initial quote value will be discussed with the Client prior to those portions of the works commencing.
5. Solved Plumbing will not be liable for any loss or damage caused as a result of the Client’s inadequate or inaccurate information or if the original requirements change.
6. Solved Plumbing reserves the right to not proceed with or to discontinue the job if the working environment is not safe or the required service is different from the Services agreed with or specified by the Client when engaging Solved Plumbing.
7. Solved Plumbing recommends the presence of the Client or his/her representative at the beginning and at the end of the performance of any works so an inspection can be carried out. If any further action is needed, this should be agreed to and made at the time of the performance of the works. If a Client is not completely satisfied with the works, Solved Plumbing will endeavour to provide additional works on the same day.
8. Where conditions or warranties for the Client’s benefit are implied by law and it is not lawful to exclude them, then those conditions and warranties will (but only to the extent required by law) apply. All other implied conditions, warranties or rights in relation to the provision of the Services are excluded provided that nothing in this clause will affect any guarantees the Client may have under the Australian Consumer Law (“ACL”).
9. Except where the consumer guarantees provisions of the ACL apply, Solved Plumbing’s liability for failure to comply with a consumer guarantee under the ACL (other than a guarantee under section 51, 52 or 53 of the ACL) is limited, to one or more of the following:
a. in the case of the supply of goods:
i. the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
ii. the repair of the goods;
iii. the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods;
iv. the payment of the costs of having the goods repaired;
b. in the case of the supply of services:
i. the supply of the services again;
ii. the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
10. Solved Plumbing’s Complaints Policy is detailed below.
11. Payments are to be made by Visa, MasterCard, EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer), cash or company cheque ONLY. American Express is not accepted.
12. Private and/or residential contracted Services require payment or receipt of payment immediately upon completion.
13. Commercial and/or Third Party contracted Services require payment or receipt of payment immediately upon completion, save for the exceptions detailed below in 14 and 15.
14. For all Services contracted by an individual or company deemed by Solved Plumbing to be acting for, or on behalf of, a Real Estate Agent, Builder, Construction Company and/or Service related works, Solved Plumbing require an approved work order or written confirmation from said agent to be submitted in writing via email or SMS to Solved Plumbing and a 50% deposit payment of the quoted service fee prior to Services commencing. The balance is to be paid within 5 business days upon the Services being deemed by Solved Plumbing to be completed.
15. For all bookings contracted by Clients or third parties deemed by Solved Plumbing to be of a Strata Plan arrangement/structure, Solved Plumbing will require a 50% deposit payment of the quoted service fee prior to Services commencing. The balance is to be paid within 5 business days upon the Services being deemed by Solved Plumbing to be completed.
16. In its discretion, Solved Plumbing may require progress payments to be made by the Client. Insofar as possible, the structure of any progress payments will be communicated prior to works commencing such as to enable the Client to agree to the payment of progress payments. The Client agrees to make progress payments as requested. Failure to do so will postpone all (further) works until such time as progress payments are agreed and paid.
17. The Client gives permission to Solved Plumbing to carry out transactions over the phone using the Client’s credit card details for the value of the invoice amount or as per payment arrangement i.e. deposit or progress payments.
18. The Client agrees and authorises Solved Plumbing to charge any outstanding amount owed with regards to the Services provided, up to the total amount of the booked Services, to the debit/credit card the Client has provided.
19. Please note additional fees and charges shall apply to Services outside of normal business hours (7am to 5pm Monday to Friday). This includes but is not limited to public holidays.
20. In the event of non-payment in accordance with these Terms, the Client will pay all reasonable collection expenses, legal costs and any other reasonable expenses incurred by Solved Plumbing in connection with the non-payment.
21. Allowance to the Client of additional time to pay will not constitute a waiver by Solved Plumbing of any of these Terms.
22. All goods supplied as part of or in connection with the Services shall remain the property of Solved Plumbing until such time as payment is received in full.
23. All payments are to be in Australian dollars.
24. Where Solved Plumbing has supplied goods as part of or in connection with the Services to the Client but where title in those goods has not yet passed to the Client and the goods have not yet become affixed to land, the Client acknowledges and agrees that:
a. the goods constitute Personal Property for the purposes of the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth) (“PPSA”);
b. these Terms constitute a Security Agreement for the purposes of the PPSA;
c. the Client grants Solved Plumbing a purchase money security interest (“PMSI”) under the PPSA in the goods and their proceeds to secure all amounts owed to Solved Plumbing by the Client;
d. Solved Plumbing may register the PMSI on the Personal Property Securities Register (“PPSR”);
e. it will undertake to do all things necessary and provide Solved Plumbing on request all information Solved Plumbing requires to register a financing statement or financing change statement on the PPSR;
f. it undertakes not to change its name in any form or other details on the PPSR without first notifying Solved Plumbing; and
g. it will, if required by Solved Plumbing, pay to Solved Plumbing the cost of registering and maintaining registration of the Client’s PMSI on the PPSR, within 14 days of the request.
25. Solved Plumbing need not give any notice under the PPSA (including a verification statement or a financing change statement) unless the notice is required by the PPSA and cannot be excluded.
26. No party may disclose information of the kind referred to in section 275(1) of the PPSA (except where the parties may do so and where required due to the operation of section 275(7) of the PPSA) and the Client must not authorise the disclosure of such information.
27. The Client appoints Solved Plumbing as its attorney to sign in the Client’s name all documents which Solved Plumbing considers necessary to enforce and to protect its rights under these Terms.
28. The Client agrees that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, it waives any rights it may have pursuant to, and the parties contract out of, sections 95, 118, 123, 125, 128, 129, 130, 132(1), 132(4), 135, 142 and 143 of the PPSA.
29. The Client acknowledges that unless otherwise defined in these Terms, the terms and expressions used in clauses 24 to 29 inclusive have the meanings given to them, or by virtue of, the PPSA.
30. Deposits and progress payments are not refundable.
31. The Client may cancel the scheduled Services and works up to forty-eight (48) hours prior to the scheduled appointment.
32. The Client agrees they may be charged a $125 plus GST as a cancellation fee if the Client cancels or changes the date and/or time within forty-eight (48) hours prior to the scheduled appointment.
33. The Client agrees to pay $125 plus GST as a cancellation fee in the event of:
a. a lock-out resulting in our technicians being turned away;
b. no one available at the premises to provide access;
c. no water and/or power available at Client’s premises; or
d. problems with Client’s keys and or locks, or other methods of access.
34. If keys or access codes are provided they must open the lock without any special efforts or skills.
35. If an initial deposit has been paid to Solved Plumbing, the Client agrees that the deposit funds may be used to cover the cancellation fee.
36. To the extent permitted by the ACL, Solved Plumbing shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from such cancellation or delay or non-performance.
37. Solved Plumbing aims to provide the highest level of customer service to our Clients and as part of this approach the handling of complaints and queries is conducted in a timely and procedural manner.
38. Our goal is to investigate and resolve complaints as quickly as possible by taking into account all parties’ input, and proactively seeking resolution of any issues as a matter of priority.
39. We aim to investigate and resolve complaints in a prompt and as equitable manner as possible, with the objective of promoting a positive outcome for our Clients and ultimately, ensure our Clients are happy and will want to use our services in the future.
40. We greatly value Client feedback and encourage Clients to submit as much detail, information, pictures and suggestions as practical when filing a complaint – this helps us to work towards a mutually successful resolution of the complaint which is in the best interests of all.
41. Solved Plumbing’s Complaints Policy forms part of our Terms. Please make sure you are familiar with it before you make a complaint.
42. Our Complaints Policy is subject to the provisions of the ACL.
43. Our Complaints Policy sets out conditions of service, scope of responsibility for both ourselves and our Clients, and the complaints procedure. Below is our complaint handling procedure. By following this procedure, you will be helping us to provide a quick and effective resolution of your complaint.
a. The compliant process can commence with a phone call to Solved Plumbing.
b. Alternatively, Clients can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a reply or suggested resolution.
c. Because of record keeping requirements and the need for accuracy, Clients may be asked to provide their complaint in writing. The content of the complaint must include:
i. The booking or invoice number;
ii. A detailed description of why you are not satisfied with the Services;
iii. Photographs of the problem;
iv. The Client’s proposed resolution;
v. Dates available for possible rectification.
d. The Client accepts and understands that poor service, breakage/damage or theft must be reported within 48 hours from completion of the job, or otherwise as soon as practicable once the issue is identified. Failure to do so may impact on whether a remedy is proposed by Solved Plumbing.
e. Solved Plumbing will then review the job details in our system including all aspects of the original and updated job description, area, pricing, materials, access, timing, locations and any other relevant information.
f. We will contact the technician and discuss the matter.
g. We may also engage our industry expert to advise on the matter.
h. We will contact the Client and discuss the initial findings.
i. Based on the outcome of these discussions and subject to the provisions of the ACL we will propose a method of how this complaint is to be resolved.
j. Resolution of the complaint by rectification may follow these steps:
i. Rectification by the original technician; and then if not rectified;
ii. Rectification by another Solved Plumbing technician; and if not rectified;
iii. Rectification by a non-Solved Plumbing (third-party) technician.
k. Solved Plumbing reserves the right to return a technician any reasonable number of times at their discretion.
l. If the item/s cannot be repaired Solved Plumbing may refer the matter to an insurance company. This may involve crediting the Client with the item/s or the value of the item. Solved Plumbing technicians may need to revisit the job site to file a report to the insurance company.
m. Solved Plumbing reserves the right not to be responsible for delays due to:
i. lack of water or power;
ii. lack of suitable materials and/or equipment in full working order provided by the Client;
iii. third party entering or present at Client’s premises obstructing the job process.
n. Neither party shall be liable for any default due to any act of God, war, terrorism, strike, lockout, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, storm or other event beyond the reasonable control of either party.
44. We appreciate your patience and co-operation during this process. Sometimes we may not be able to contact the technician immediately as they may be on a job, they may be out of range or may just be very busy. However, once the complaint is registered it will be followed up and resolution attempted.
45. Please be patient once this complaints process has started. Our ultimate goal is to resolve all complaints to the satisfaction of all parties as quickly and efficiently as possible.
46. Please note Solved Plumbing may take up to 48 hours to respond to a complaint. However, we always try to fix the problem ASAP. Solved Plumbing will send an acknowledgement email to a Client upon receipt of an email complaint within 48 hours. If you do not receive an acknowledgement email, please call Solved Plumbing or resend your complaint including all relevant details and pictures.
47. The Client will indemnify Solved Plumbing and keep Solved Plumbing indemnified against any liability, loss, claim or proceedings of any kind (whether arising under statute or common law) arising from or caused by the Client’s conduct and/ or persons and/or animals subject to the Client’s direction or control. Save for any negligence on Solved Plumbing’s part, the Client indemnifies Solved Plumbing in respect of any Services performed which results in items or services which are buried or unseen being disturbed or damaged.
48. The Client must ensure that it provides Solved Plumbing with a safe working environment and indemnifies Solved Plumbing with any loss caused. Without limitation, the Client agrees:
a. To safely restrain all animals;
b. To ensure that all electrical equipment is in safe working order and approved for use;
c. To notify Solved Plumbing of any dangerous environments or hazards;
d. To ensure there are no unannounced persons in the area in which the Services are being supplied; and
e. To notify Solved Plumbing of any other relevant matter that may affect the safe and efficient performance of the Services.
49. Solved Plumbing requires its technicians to have public liability insurance cover. As an additional layer of protection, Solved Plumbing also has a $20 million public liability insurance policy. The policy will cover any accidental damages caused by a Solved Plumbing technician reported within 48 hours of service date.
50. Key replacement/locksmith fees are paid only if the keys are lost or damaged by us.
51. By entering into a service agreement with Solved Plumbing, the Client agrees that after the performance of the works they will not hire or use any services provided by a present or past technician introduced to the Client by Solved Plumbing for a period of 24 months, except if re-engaging Solved Plumbing.
52. Where Solved Plumbing have designed, or drawn the provision of Services and/or goods for the Client, then any intellectual property in those designs and drawings shall remain vested in Solved Plumbing, and shall only be used by the Client with Solved Plumbing’s written consent.
53. Solved Plumbing may sub-contract any or all of its rights and obligations under these Terms without the Client’s consent.
54. Unless specifically included in written quotes and/or estimates, rock excavation, dewatering or supportive work such as pier and beams for filled or made up ground will be charged out as a variation to the original price. The quotation is based on excavation of clean soils only, unless otherwise specifically stated in writing.
55. Existing soils shall be returned to excavated areas where possible and ground shall be left filled. Landscaping and concrete works are not included in any quotation unless specified in writing. All concrete, paving and landscape works including shrub / plant & lawn replacement will be treated as a variation.
56. The Client understands that the presence of plant/tree root growth and/or blockages generally indicates damaged pipes. Additionally, the Client agrees that blocked drains, sewer pipes and storm water lines cannot be permanently fixed by simply removing plant/tree root growth or cleaning the drain.
57. The Client acknowledges that Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) is a specialist piece of equipment which may or may not be used at Solved Plumbing’s sole discretion in an attempt to identify the source of a blocked drain. Should CCTV equipment be used the Client acknowledges that additional charges will be imposed.
58. The Client and Solved Plumbing shall comply with the provisions of all statutes, regulations, bylaws, local rules and standards that may be applicable to the Services.
59. The Client shall obtain (at the expense of the Client) all licences and approvals that may be required for the works (including from councils or other governing agents).
60. The Client agrees that the site will comply with any occupational health and safety laws relating to building/construction sites and any other relevant safety standards or legislation.
61. The Client will ensure that Solved Plumbing has uninterrupted access to the site at which the Services will be performed for the duration of the Services.
62. Solved Plumbing will endeavour to keep the area in which the Services are performed clean and tidy. The Client acknowledges and agrees that Solved Plumbing is not responsible for the removal of rubbish from or clean-up of the site at which the Services are performed, or for moving any large items including furniture or appliances unrelated to the Services.
63. If the Client is to provide goods or other services for which the Services are required, then the Client must have the goods and services available prior to the commencement of the Services.